Bol d’Or - 18-20/09/2015
The Paul Ricard Circuit welcomes every year different kind of car, motorcycle and bike events with its 167 solutions of track and its ratification degree 1 FIA and FIM. Renovation works were realized on the circuit this winter to be on the cutting edge of technology, modernization of facades, maintenance of the track, strengthening of the safety. This year a novelty makes its appearance, a playful park of adventures to amuse children and adults!
5 short stories which has built the history of the circuit
– In 1970, the Paul Ricard circuit is created by Paul Ricard. It becomes a mythical place with 14 Grand Prix of France of Formula 1, 22 Bol d’Or and 12 MotoGP.
– In 1999, the Paul Ricard circuit closes for works to become an innovative circuit.
– In 2002, the Paul Ricard circuit becomes a circuit of practices and communication with visionary technology and security.
– In 2006, the track is approved by the FIA.
– In 2009, the circuit opens again its doors to the public with between ten to twenty public events a year.
– In 2015, the Bol d’Or is back on the Paul Ricard circuitOfficial Website
Length of the track: 5,861 km
Duration of the race: 24 hours
Kilometres done by the winning team in 1999: 2503,0 km
Name of the winner team of 1999 race: Suzuki Endurance Racing Team Christian Lavieille / Jehan d’Orgeix / Terry Rymer